News & Events

Suomy World

FIRST RACE, FIRST PODIUM FOR SR-GP

First race, first podium for SR-GP

The group of talents thatSUOMYlines up in the MotoGP World Championship for the 2020 season is a mix of the 2019 #suomyriders and new entries, which create the most competitive #suomycrew ever.

Romano Fenatiwill be, for another year, our standard bearer inMoto3. 

In Moto2 the #suomyteam is growing: after the good second part of the past season,Stefano Manziis even more comfortable with his MV Augusta and his focus is to finish each race on the Top 15.

He is joined by two new riders:Enea BastianiniandNicolò Bulega, two promising italian talents.

Essentials, for the #suomyteam, are our main riders  Andrea Dovizioso  and  Francesco Bagnaia,the MotoGP ambassadors.

Thanks to the newcomerEnea Bastianini,SR-GPgets on the podium of the first GP of the season.

A positive weekend for Enea who, conquering the parc fermè on Saturday after a thrilling qualifying session, climbs to the third step of the podium during an exciting  Moto2race. Twenty laps full of overtaking and plot twists, during which Enea is able to show his confidence with the bike, fighting for the top positions until the last corner.
Bravo Enea. 

Expectations were a bit higher for the other Moto2 talents, who struggled to finish the race within the Top 20.

Stefano Manzi  finishes in fifteenth position and takes home the first point of the season, despite an incident with another rider during the first laps of the race.

Nicolò Bulega,due to some issues with a poor-performing tyre and a lack of acceleration, ends in eighteenth place. 

ENEA BASTIANINI

“Finally I went back to the positions that I deserve.
I am very happy with the race: I had a little issue with the engine but we had fun.
We worked well all weekend, especially during the qualifying. Starting out in front row, was definitely a good advantage. Ad mid-race I lost some positions, but I have always been in contact with the first ones: it was not easy, but I kept the tires for the last laps and I managed to conquer the podium.
Thanks to the team, the fans and all the people around me".

STEFANO MANZI

“I’m quiet satisfied with my result.
The team did a great job and in the race I had a good feeling with the bike.
I had a good pace and I could be consistent throughout the 20 laps of the race. We missed a bit on the single lap, but consistency is the key in a demanding class like Moto2.
After a complicated winter, we made an important step forward when it matters, and we will maximize the work during the next weeks to continue progressing with the bike”.

NICOLO' BULEGA

“This surely isn’t the race we were looking for, but we knew it would have been hard. It has been an up-and-down weekend… In the race I had a lot of issues with the tyres, especially at the front-end of the bike. I was losing a bit under acceleration and in order to compensate I stressed my tyre more than I should have.
Overall, there’s a lot to do in order to be in the right pace for the next races.”

InMoto3 Romano Fenatiaccuses some braking problems since the beginning of the race, which limited him a lot, especially in overtaking.

In the last laps he is able to recover some positions, finishing under the checkered flag in seventeenth position. 

ROMANO FENATI

"Unfortunately it was a very difficult race: at the beginning I had some braking problems and for this reason I wasn’t able to overtake.
In addition, in the group where I was there we were very annoyed.
For these reasons, in the early laps I was bottled up. Laps after laps I managed to change pace gaining some positions and managing to reach the leading group.
I am happy because at the end of the race I went very fast and above all we understood what the problem was that limited me at the beginning.
Now we will go the right way to solve this problem. I am confident for the next race".

Due to the blockages of flights to avoid the spread of the coronavirus infection, we should wait few more weeks to see the MotoGP guys back on track.

Next Round: Jerez de la Frontera, 3rd of May

We use cookies, if you continue we assume that you consent to receive cookies.