News & Events

Suomy World

DOVI BACK INTO THE MOTOGP CHAMPIONSHIP LEAD

Dovi back into the MotoGP Championship lead

An extraordinary comeback for our Andrea Dovizioso who finished fourth in the GP of the Americas at Austin, reclaiming the chanpionship lead after three rounds with 54 points in the standings, .

After qualifying in fifth row in 13th position, Dovi got off to a strong start and immediately recovered several positions. With a strong and consistent pace, Andrea was able to progressively cut the gap from the rider in front of him, finishing the race just nine tenths of a second from the lowest step of the podium.

An important weekend also for Pecco Bagnaia, protagonist of an extremely convincing race that leads him to conquer the first MotoGP Top 10 of his career,  finishing in ninth position.

ANDREA DOVIZIOSO
"I'm happy with this result, especially considering that I was 13th on the grid, even though if I had one half lap more to ride I would have probably finished on the podium. It's been a very tough race. Early on, I was struggling with the front and I didn't have the pace to stay with the leading group, but I managed to stay calm and collected. Lap after lap, I regained confidence and my rhythm in the final stages was very competitive, so much that I almost managed to catch Miller. We've also been lucky because there were some crashes, but those things happen when you ride on the limit. We're back on top of the Riders and Constructors standings, and my feeling with the bike has improved compared with last year, but it's not enough because there are many competitive rivals so we need to keep improving."

FRANCESCO BAGNAIA
“We did a great job throughout the weekend on a track that is not exactly my favorite and that’s why I’m very happy. We are constantly making progress and the direction is the right one. The important thing right now is to have some good races. We have won the first Top 10 and this gives us great confidence”.

Bitter weekend instead for our Moto3 talent Romano Fenati, who lost the rear with 8 laps to go when he was giving his best to come back on the top.

ROMANO FENATI
"I imagined a different weekend here in Texas, I hoped to get a good result. This morning I was very fast in the warm up but I didn't start so good in the race. The first laps were difficult, then I started to push. Eighth laps to the end I lost the rear and crashed".

Now we have only to wait for the first European round of this exciting World Championship. Jerez de la Frontera will be the next race.
There all the crew of the #suomyriders will be ready to fight, with Stefano Manzi returning after Argentina's injury.

We use cookies, if you continue we assume that you consent to receive cookies.